Using CUPA-HR Survey Data
CUPA-HR survey data and reports are intended to be used by authorized individuals at the higher ed institution that has purchased the survey results to help inform compensation analysis and decision-making. Review the Data Use Agreement carefully. Questions should be addressed to CUPA-HR Research at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CUPA-HR Data Use Agreement
- All survey results are copyrighted by the College and University Professional Association for Human Resources (CUPA-HR). No information contained in a survey report or obtained through DataOnDemand (DOD) may be reproduced in any form for any purpose without the written consent of CUPA-HR.
- Survey results may not be changed or modified in any way.
- Survey results may not be used to solicit business.
- Survey results may not be placed on the Web without the explicit permission of CUPA-HR.
- Access to survey reports and DOD is limited to the institution purchasing the subscription. Sharing report information, log-in credentials, output from DOD analyses or DOD access with other institutions or organizations will result in immediate cancellation of access and will preclude future access. The system tracks and monitors use and users.
- Institutions within a system, including the system office, are considered to be separate institutions relative to the use of CUPA-HR survey results. Results must be purchased separately by each institution and may only be shared within the purchasing institution. Results may not be shared with individuals at other institutions within the system or with the system office. System-wide DOD subscriptions are available and are the only option for sharing DOD results with individuals at other institutions within the system.
- DataOnDemand can be purchased only by higher education institutions. Due to the sensitive and confidential nature of salary data, we reserve the right to confirm an individual’s authorization to purchase DOD with his or her HR organization, and to confirm with HR that each user listed on the order is authorized to view employee salary data. Individuals outside of the HR department seeking access will need written approval from the head of HR — these include faculty, unions, other administrators, etc. However, CUPA-HR accepts no responsibility for any employee who misrepresents his or her authorization.
- Consultants cannot order DOD directly. They will need to ask the appropriate representative of the institution for which they are working to contact us — via email@example.com — to request access to DOD. Institution representatives will be asked to furnish: (a) the consultant’s name, company, address, e-mail and phone number; (b) a statement that indicates the consultant has been hired to perform compensation studies and that he or she is authorized to see the institution’s salary data; and (c) the names of the surveys the consultant has access to view.