Emerging CUPA-HR Leader Program
Emerging CUPA-HR Leaders
The goal of the Emerging CUPA-HR Leader program is to identify potential volunteer leaders from across the country that have shown exemplary leadership and initiative within higher ed HR and exhibit the desire to play an active role in advancing the profession. Invited participants will have the unique opportunity to engage in problem-solving work groups and develop deep networks with peers while gaining an inside look at CUPA-HR's operations and structure. Throughout the program, participants are encouraged to serve the association in a leadership capacity, lending a fresh and informed perspective.
To provide a 12-month experience to selected participants to:
- Engage in leadership/competency development and program opportunities within CUPA-HR;
- Be part of a cohort that provides peer interaction and connection with CUPA-HR leaders as an integral part of the learning experience;
- Form a peer network for professional development and problem solving on current projects/initiatives;
- Build awareness of CUPA-HR's operations, structures and leadership opportunities; and
- Serve the profession in a leadership capacity within the association – at the national, region and chapter level.
Potential emerging CUPA-HR leaders are identified and nominated by CUPA-HR leaders at the region or national level. Each region selects and submits their identified emerging leader (ensuring the commitment of the individual to the full program experience prior to submission). The executive committee of the national board reviews and finalizes the selection of program candidates from the nominees from the national board.
Emerging CUPA-HR leaders must be:
- Fully supported by their institutions to participate in all components of the program;
- Willing and able to commit to the required time involved in the program;
- Committed to using their knowledge and leadership skills to support the strategic priorities of CUPA-HR and to enhance the higher education HR profession; and
- Willing to remain engaged with CUPA-HR at the conclusion of the program in a volunteer leadership or mentoring capacity.
Selected emerging CUPA-HR leaders must agree to:
- Participate in the Association Leadership Program (ALP) in July, at which time a development/engagement plan for the program year will be initiated;
- Engage in a CUPA-HR leadership project/experience during the fiscal year and, to the degree possible, participate in CUPA-HR activities at the national, regional or chapter level;
- Participate in monthly calls scheduled throughout the program year;
- Share feedback on how to improve the Emerging CUPA-HR Leader program; and
- At the conclusion of the yearlong experience, participate in the ALP to share experiences and outcomes from the prior year and serve as a mentor to the new Emerging CUPA-HR Leader group.
If you have questions about the Emerging CUPA-HR Leader program, contact CUPA-HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.